Merry Christmas

Dear Beautiful People,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! I wish you all peace, love, joy, and happiness. I also want to say thank you. THANK YOU! For all your well-wishes and spirit-lifting messages. For your cards and gifts and jokes. You have helped to keep me going.Today, I woke up feeling better than I have in weeks. On doctor's orders, I skipped chemo this week. I was slightly dehydrated and I couldn't shake the nausea, so I had only IV fluids and Zofran (nausea medicine) yesterday. I wish chemo was over! I'd gotten rather weak where even driving a mile took effort. Since November 25th, I've been unable to do anything, outside of going to appointments. My nails are lifting from the beds but my hair is showing very small signs of recovery. Instead of every two weeks, my chemo schedule has been revised to every three weeks. I have two rounds left. My last one is on January 20th. 3-4 weeks later, I will have surgery. I may or may not have radiation, then I will have another year of Herceptin, administered once a month.

I've been posting photos for a while now. Feeling better, I woke up inspired. It's been weeks since I wore make-up. Maybe, the spring, if not longer. Even before the actual diagnosis, I hadn't been feeling well. Y'all know how I was so tired and forgetting appointments online and off. I didn't feel like wearing makeup at all. Today, when the idea struck me, I told myself I had nowhere to go once I got all made up. I decided to do it for us, family, friends, fans, and me.

Thank you all for being the amazing people that you are! I'm so lucky to have been touched in some way by each and every one of you. You are my inspiration. As I write this, I'm back in slippers and comfortable clothes. Because of all of  you, for an hour today, I didn't feel like a cancer patient. I felt like me and that is one kick-ass Christmas gift.


Comments

  1. Love you beautiful lady ♡♡
    You are a true inspiration!!
    Merry Christmas!


    Rachelle ♡

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts